question

tbo2020 avatar image
1 Like"
tbo2020 asked ·

Error in historical total revenue Data?

When I try to use the API/or Python SDK to source historical data e.g. for company AIG, tag = totalrevenue the API/SDK returns several values for the same date and none of these values match the values in the real 10-K forms of EDGAR. I have tried to experiment with type and frequency, same issue, but not for all but only some companies like AIG. What would be the right Python Synthax to source the right data for FY end total revenues per year going back as far as data is available.

historical data
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tbo2020 avatar image
0 Likes"
tbo2020 answered ·

Thanks for letting me know. Then actually the issue is huge. Just out of the S&P Portfolio I am using it happens in more than 10% of the Tickers. Here is the list where my pragmatic tests produced discprepancies: ['AES', 'AFL', 'AIG', 'AIV', 'AMP', 'ANET', 'ATO', 'ATVI', 'AVB', 'BEN', 'CBOE', 'CBRE', 'DLR', 'DRE', 'ED', 'EIX', 'EQR', 'ES', 'F', 'FDX', 'FITB', 'GL', 'HIG', 'HOLX', 'HSIC', 'ILMN', 'KHC', 'KIM', 'LB', 'LHX', 'LNC', 'LOW', 'MAA'!!

Any wie on the timeline for fixing. This might force me to abandon Intrinio for good :-(. Which I love in any other aspect.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

phil avatar image
0 Likes"
phil answered ·

Hi @tbo2020! Thank you for your question!

The reason you are seeing this error is not due to the Python syntax you are using. It is due to a data quality error caused by an XBRL issue with the filer.

This is generally rare, but does happen on occasion with a data asset as large as ours. Our advanced technology is very good at mapping fundamentals, but sometimes run into issues with XBRL that need to be overcome through more complex solutions.

To answer your question about the syntax, using the "yearly" frequency will work for what you are trying to do in most instances. We are currently working on AIG and others like it and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you again for your ticket!
· 1 · Share

is there any timeline for fixing the issue at least for key companies like the S&P500?

0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.