question

dryhumor avatar image
0 Likes"
dryhumor asked ·

Company ID - CIK Crosswalk?

Hi,

I have purchased the SEC filings data which (inexplicably) does not contain the CIK but does contain the Intrinio Company ID.

I also have downloaded the Intrinio "All Companies" csv, which does not contain the Intrinio Company ID but does contain contain the CIK (and other external IDs).

I would like to merge these two datasets and I can't despite it being an obvious thing to do. Perhaps I am missing something but is there a crosswalk from Intrinio's Company ID to CIK (and other external IDs) and vice versa?

https://novaworks.knowledgeowl.com/help/is-there-a-way-to-know-what-company-transmitted-a-filing-to-edgar

Note that the CIK part of the accession number (accno) is not necessarily that of the registrant.

The registrant I think is what (presumably) the intrinio company_id refers to (?). So for example, there is a filing (fil_2zvNzA) in the SEC filings database from Intrinio, for company_id= com_NX6Gz0 and the accno is 0001628280-16-019151 but when you follow the link to the filing (https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/320193/000162828016019151/0001628280-16-019151-index.htm) you see that it is for APPLE which has CIK 0000320193 (and not 0001628280)

Perhaps I'm doing something dumb?

Thanks

datacompany endpointsec filings
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
api avatar image
0 Likes"
api answered ·

We do have a companies export with the Company ID and CIK. Please reach out to us and we can add it to your account. success@intrinio.com

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.