question

Mr. Moneybucks avatar image
0 Likes"
Mr. Moneybucks asked ·

How to look up a bank with the Python API?

Edit: I figured out my problem, I was using the sandbox API key instead of the production API key, so some things were not showing up.

Hi everyone, I have a variety of things working when it comes to companies but when it comes to banks, I'm unable to find any data. Both Bank of America (BAC) and Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) return nothing with any of the code I've tried. It's as if they aren't in the database. Does anyone have any insight on this?

For example, a company search using:

company_api = intrinio_sdk.CompanyApi()

with a query of "Bank" returns:

{'companies': []}

No banks at all! If anyone has any insight into this issue it would be much appreciated, thank you :)

pythonbanks
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
mkelly avatar image
0 Likes"
mkelly answered ·

Sounds like you have it figured out! Our examples in the documentation automatically populate with your sandbox api keys for test usage. Glad you found what you were looking for.

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.