question

simon avatar image
0 Likes"
simon asked ·

Which data are used for "calculations" in Standardized Financials API?

Hello,

does someone know, whether tags like "pricetoearnings" and "assetturnover" are based on TTM, quarterly or annual numbers? I have searched for this on the data-tags page, however in the description (https://data.intrinio.com/data-tag/pricetoearnings) I have found no information regarding the used data.

Thanks in advance

standardized financials
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
phil avatar image
0 Likes"
phil answered ·

Hi Simon, thank you for contacting the forum. The answer to this question is it depends on what type of metrics and how often they are reported. If the child variables are available quarterly and annually, there will be both available to query.

For instance: pricetoearnings is derived from close_price/(netincome/weightedavedilutedsharesos)

close_price comes from the security close price received daily, and net income and weighted average diluted shares outstanding come from the income statement, received quarterly and annually.

Based on this, you can query any of the options you asked about for TTM, quarterly, or annually. You just need the correct parameters.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

· 1 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi Phil, thank you for your answer. I am not sure, if we are refering to the same API endpoint. The endpoint, which I am using is this: standardized financials with e.g. this id: "AAPL-calculations-2018-Q1". I have found there no possibility to select between TTM and so on. My problem is that I can't figure out, on which values the query above is based. Obviously a Price-to-Earnings Ratio cannot be based on quarterly data (else the values would be nonsignificant), but both TTM and annually seems possible for me. Do you know which are used? Thanks Simon

0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.