question

millennialfizzy avatar image
1 Like"
millennialfizzy asked ·

"Fundamental not found": SPOT

Hi, you guys seem to be directing people towards the Community forum, rather than raising a ticket, so here goes... :-)

The following query returns "Fundamental not found". Spotify Technology is a European company reporting in Euros but listed on NYSE.

https://api-v2.intrinio.com/companies/SPOT/fundamentals/lookup/income_statement/2018/FY

All the other NASDAQ or NYSE stocks that I am interested in I can find OK.

Thanks

fundamentals
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
phil avatar image
1 Like"
phil answered ·

Hello! Thank you for your question! The reason we don't have fundamentals for Spotify is just as you've said: because they are non-US based. So while they trade on US exchanges, they do not file required US financial statements (10-Qs and 10-Ks) with the SEC. Instead they file 20-Fs (quarterly) and 40-Fs (annually) to the SEC, which use a different set of XBRL data.

I'm glad you asked this question because this is true of all non-US based companies, including companies that file in Canada. Many recent IPOs fit into this mold and we've had some questions as to why their fundamentals are not covered. Typically it's either because they have not filed yet or because they are non-US.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Thank you!

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.